If you are going to sell your home, you’ll need to stage it properly. Here are my top five tips for a successful staging.
If you’re looking to stage your home for sale, what do you need to do in order to make it a successful investment of both time and money? Here are my top five tips for staging a home:
Things like unusual colors, accessories, and family photos can take away from a buyer’s ability to visualize themselves in your home.
1. Say bye-bye to clutter. When we live in a house, we can often become blind to our surroundings, meaning that we don’t even notice some of the clutter we accumulate. I recommend hiring a professional to come to your home and give you pointers on cleaning out closets, removing excess items, and so on. When you declutter, it opens up space and allows the person touring the home to visualize themselves living there.
2. Group your furnishings appropriately. A lot of times, people will put their furniture against a wall because they think that it will make the room appear larger. In reality, it doesn’t create a natural path or conversational settings. We want your home to feel cozy and inviting.
3. Improve your lighting. All too often, we find that there’s an insufficient amount of lighting in a home. By adding a certain light here or there, it will remove those dark spaces, making your home feel larger and more welcoming.
4. Neutralize your home. Things like unusual colors, accessories, and family photos can take away from a buyer’s ability to visualize themselves in your home. Your goal should be to have that person walk through your home and feel like they can live there.
5. Clean, clean, and clean. I can’t overstate the importance of having your home be clean before it goes to market. Buyers are more likely to make offers on homes they feel the sellers took good care of. We can give you some tips, tricks, and hacks for deep-cleaning your home if you like.
If you’d like more information about staging your home, feel free to reach out to us. We’d love to help you get your home sold fast and for top dollar!